Blaze was accident

0
Have your say

A FIRE on an industrial estate is believed to have started accidentally.

Firefighters from Stranton Station were called to the Park View Industrial Estate, off Brenda Road, at 1.30pm yesterday after reports of a pile of rubbish on fire behind a storage unit.

The material was believed to be roofing felt and the fire caused heat damage to the rear door of the unit.

A fire investigation officer was called out to the scene.

A Stranton Station spokesman said the officer put the cause down as accidental because there was no evidence of it being started deliberately.