Burger ban sentence for McYob

0
Have your say

A 20-YEAR-OLD man has been slapped with a burger ban after causing damage in the toilets of a fast food restaurant.

Magistrates have banned Liam Darren Parker from entering McDonald’s after he went into the outlet in Marina Way, Hartlepool, and smashed two soap dispensers off the toilet wall.

Parker pleaded guilty to causing criminal damage at McDonald’s and was banned from entering any McDonald’s in Hartlepool for 28 days.

He was also sentenced to a 42-day community order with a 28-day electronic curfew and ordered him to pay £50 to McDonald’s for the damaged dispensers.

Prosecutor Joanne Hesse told Hartlepool Magistrates’ Court that Parker went into McDonald’s and made his way into the restaurant’s toilets.

Minutes later staff heard crashing noises coming from the toilets.

Parker then left the establishment and when concerned workers went in to find out what had been going on they discovered two soap dispensers smashed off the wall with the soap splattered about the place.

Staff contacted the police who arrested Parker nearby and charged him with causing criminal damage.

Prosecutor Joanne Hesse told Hartlepool Magistrates Court on Monday: “The defendant entered McDonald’s, in Marina Way, and went into the male toilets and staff then heard a disturbance coming from inside.

“Staff went inside the toilets when the defendant had left to find two dispensers smashed off the wall.

“The defendant was arrested close by. In interview Parker fully admitted admitted the offence.”

Mrs Hesse added that Parker was in court in October last year for an offence of criminal damage for which he was sentenced to a community order with supervision and unpaid work.

He had appeared another twice since then for failing to comply with that order. Parker, of Duncan Road, Hartlepool, pleaded guilty to criminal damage at McDonald’s on January 14,

The bench spoke to Probation Service workers prior to passing sentence at the request of Parker’s solicitor Neil Taylor.

An unnamed 16-year-old youth was also charged in connection with the incident.

He did not enter a plea, however, and was released on unconditional bail to return to the youth court later this week.