A DAD who was badly burned in a house fire remains in hospital more than a month after the blaze.
Dean Day, 29, was rushed to Sunderland Royal Hospital after a blaze at his home in Dunelm Walk, Peterlee, on February 10.
He was transferred to Newcastle’s Royal Victoria Infirmary, where he remains, say police.
The Hartlepool Mail reported on February 29 that Mr Day was brought out of an induced coma.
The dad of two young sons, who were at school at the time of the incident, suffered 30 per cent burns to his face and hands as a result of the fire and explosion, which broke out in the upstairs of the property and tore through into the roof.
Mr Day’s partner, Hayley Evans, 26, was taken to Sunderland Royal Hospital suffering from smoke inhalation and has since been recovering with relatives.