BUS users are being reminded that two services have returned to the roads.
Stagecoach North East reinstated the number 1 service to run on a Sunday and the number 7 on Sunday evenings and weekday evenings.
As reported by the Mail last month, bosses have brought the services back for a trial period on a “use it or lose it” basis.
Chiefs at the transport firm say they have been inundated with positive feedback at the news at the services were coming back.
Bus user Eileen Britton, from Southgate, on the Headland, said: “I think it’s absolutely fantastic.
“The new services are going to make a big difference to my life, as I can get out and about more on the evenings and attend night classes.
“It also means family are going to be able to come and visit me more frequently.
“I’ve been letting all of my friends and neighbours know it’s being re-introduced and I know they’re also very enthusiastic about it.
“I’ve always felt very safe on board the buses, even at night, so I’m looking forward to getting out and about more.”
Stagecoach North East’s managing director, Phil Medlicott, said: “We are thrilled with the comments we have received from members of the public regarding the new services.
“Drivers have been feeding back customers’ enthusiasm and the general feeling is very positive.
“This is an opportunity for those in Hartlepool to take ownership of their bus service as it is very much a case of ‘use it or lose it’.”
The services had originally been cut after the withdrawal of a £287,000 Hartlepool Borough Council subsidy for a number of evening and weekend bus services due to budget pressures and Stagecoach bosses saying some routes weren’t viable.