INTEREST has already started building in this year’s Hartlepool Business Awards - and more details have also been revealed of the event.
The date for the Hartlepool Mail-backed Business Awards has been set for Thursday, May 14, 2015.
The event will be held from 7pm at the Borough Hall on the Headland and ticket prices have also been set.
They are £35 for anyone who buys their ticket before April 1, and £40 after that.
Organisers are also appealing for anyone interested in sponsoring the awards to get in touch. Awards co-ordinator Andrew Steel said: “We have had some early interest in this year’s competition and the most important thing now is to encourage even more people to get involved.
“We want people to register their interest at the business awards website.”
Contenders can register their interest on the awards website at hartlepoolbusinessforum.co.uk/
They can also put in nominations for the Business Leader category, which was won by restaurateur Krimo Bouabda last year.
Categories in this year’s competition are:
• Service Sector category sponsored by Waltons Clark Whitehill.
• The Manufacturing category, which is sponsored by Tilly Bailey and Irvine.
• The Community sector is sponsored by the Hartlepool Mail.
• The Business Leader section is sponsored by the Hartlepool Business Forum.
• The sector for Tourism, Leisure and Hospitality is sponsored by the Passport Group.
• The category for Creative Industries is sponsored by Cleveland College of Art and Design.
• The Young Entrepreneur section has been backed by the Gus Robinson Foundation & Northgate.
• The Most Promising New Business sector is sponsored by Brian Beaumont and Hartlepool Enterprise Centre.
• The Investment in Training section is sponsored by Hartlepool College of Further Education.
• The Best Small Business award which is sponsored by the Federation of Small Businesses.
• The prestigious title of Overall Business of The Year which carries a prize of £1,000 in cash and £1,000 in services. The category has been sponsored by HSBC.
To express an interest in the awards, visit hartlepoolbusinessforum.co.uk