ORGANISERS of a prestigious business ceremony have praised companies in Hartlepool for submitting “fantastic” entries.
The Hartlepool Business Awards are now less than a month away and the shortlists have been drawn up for the categories.
Awards co-ordinator Andrew Steel said: “We are really pleased with the number of entries this year. They are improved numbers on last year’s competition and we have a wide variety of businesses in the running.
“We will also have lots of people attending on the night. There are only a few tables left for anyone who wants to be there. I am looking forward to a great evening.”
The date for the Hartlepool Mail-backed event has been set for Thursday, May 14 from 7pm at the Borough Hall on the Headland and ticket prices are £40.
Categories in this year’s competition are;
• Service Sector category, sponsored by Waltons Clark Whitehill, with a prize of £500 cash and £500 services.
• The Manufacturing category, sponsored by Tilly Bailey and Irvine with £500 cash and £500 services.
• The Community sector, sponsored by the Hartlepool Mail and has a prize of £500 cash and £500 services.
• The Business Leader section, sponsored by the Hartlepool Business Forum and comes with a special award.
• The sector for Tourism, Leisure and Hospitality is sponsored by the Passport Group. It has a prize of £500 cash.
• The category for Creative Industries is sponsored by Cleveland College of Art and Design. The prize for this sector is £500 cash.
• The Young Entrepreneur section backed by the Gus Robinson Foundation & Northgate. It has a prize of £1,000 cash.
• The Most Promising New Business sector sponsored by Brian Beaumont and Hartlepool Enterprise Centre. The prize is £500 cash and £500 in services.
• The Investment in Training section is sponsored by Hartlepool College of Further Education. The winner collects a £500 cash prize.
• The Best Small Business award sponsored by the Federation of Small Businesses. The prize is £500 cash.
• Overall Business of The Year with £1000 in cash and £1000 in services. The cis sponsored by HSBC.
To buy tickets, email firstname.lastname@example.org