Printer gift to centre
GENEROUS shopping centre bosses supported a multi-cultural community centre and mosque by giving it a useful piece of kit.
Middleton Grange Shopping Centre in Hartlepool donated a large printer and photocopier to the Salaam Centre in Murray Street.
The four-drawer combined printer, copier and scanner had been used by the shopping centre in its management suite for several years before bosses upgraded.
They offered it to comunity groups through Hartlepool Voluntary Development Agency and the Salaam Centre came forward.
Mark Rycraft, manager of Middleton Grange Shopping Centre, said: “Rather than send it back to the company or recycle it we decided to donate it to the local community.”
The Salaam Centre held an official opening ceremony attended by officials and residents in October.
As well as the mosque upstairs, the centre is also home to a gym, rooms which can be hired out and a large hall.
- Controversial plans to move hospital wards from Hartlepool to Stockton
- Hospital chief should ‘hand back MBE’ if more services are moved
- £500,000 drug addiction cost Hartlepool businessman ‘everything’
- Hartlepool death crash driver may have been making u-turn
- Ritchie Humphreys set for Hartlepool United exit but Sam Collins and Andy Monkhouse stay
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Hartlepool
Sunday 19 May 2013
Temperature: 9 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 9 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North