CABINET members have agreed a raft of recommendations aimed at further boosting private sector housing.
• The ring-fencing of selective licensing income should continue, to secure the future provision of the scheme;
• Representations should be made to Hartlepool MP Iain Wright to lobby for legislation relating to the theft of metal to be strengthened and fines increased;
• The council exploring methods to introduce and fund a Healthy Homes Scheme in conjunction with NHS Hartlepool;
• The link between poor housing and poor health is recognised in the council’s Joint Strategic Needs Assessment;
• Ensuring private rented tenants know their rights in relation to the condition of their homes and the powers the local authority has to make sure landlords maintain properties to a decent standard.
The progress of the action plan will be reported to the neighbourhood services scrutiny forum in the new municipal year.