Dog killed in house fire

0
Have your say

A DOG has died in a house fire thought to have been sparked by a cooker.

Flames ripped through a home in Duddon Close, Peterlee, just after 3pm on Friday, October 19.

Neighbours called the fire brigade after seeing smoke billowing out from both front and back windows.

Two fire engines arrived at the scene, one from Seaham and one from Peterlee, to tackle the flames.

Four firefighters went into the house to check no-one was inside among the thick smoke.

Nobody was home but the family pet was found dead in the house.

Fire chiefs say an investigation will be carried out into the blaze, which is believed to have been sparked by an electric cooker.