Electrical fault sparks fire

0
Have your say

AN electrical fault is being blamed for a fire in a house.

Officers from Stranton Fire Station were called to Jobson Street, in Hartlepool, after reports of a cable on fire.

When they arrived they found an electric cable inside the hallway of the unoccupied house was alight.

It is believed a fault sparked the small fire, which fire chiefs say caused “minimal damage” to the house.

They were alerted by a neighbour and let themselves into the empty house.

Crews spent thirty minutes at the scene, from 3pm on Wednesday, making the cable safe before officers from Hartlepool Police made the property secure.