Waste plant workers and firefighters worked together as they tackled a fire which broke out in a shed filled with household waste.
Firefighters were called to Huntsman Drive in Port Clarence at 3.25am today after a shed, which stretches 100metres by 150metres, was found on fire.
The blaze is within a waste processing unit run by Impetus at its North Tees Waste Processing Facility.
Rubbish in the corner of the storage building had caught fire, with firefighters wearing breathing apparatus, two jets and a ground jet used to put out the fire.
A thermal imaging camera was also used, with 10 crews dealing with the incident at its height, including teams from Stranton and the Headland fire stations, as well as others from Billingham, Thornaby, Middlesbrough, Grangetown and Cleveland Fire and Rescue Service's marine fire station.
Workers from the site used three diggers to create a break between the area where the waste was alight and the rest of the rubbish to prevent the blaze spreading.
Firefighters from Peterlee, who work for County Durham and Darlington Fire and Rescue Service, were sent to Stranton Fire Station on standby while its crew deal with the blaze.
The fire was out shortly before 9am, with crews remaining on site until after 10am.
Only slight damage was caused to the building by the fumes and heat.
A Hazardous Area Response Team (Hart) from the ambulance service was on standby as a precaution during the incident.
Billingham firm Impetus also runs sites in Cowpen Bewley, Teesport, Washington and Leeds.
No one was available from the company for comment.