A FIRE to a pile of rubbish quickly spread and set a fence alight.
Firefighters from Stranton Station were called after reports of the small blaze in Owton Manor Lane, Hartlepool.
One appliance attended after firefighters received the call at around 9am yesterday.
The crew rushed to the scene and fortunately caught the blaze early and put the fire out before it caused any further damage.
A Cleveland Fire Brigade spokesman said: “We got called out after a small rubbish fire in Owton Manor Lane had spread and set fire to a nearby fence.
“One pump attended and we were there around five minutes.”
Meanwhile, the crew was also called to rescue a horse which had escaped from a field yesterday.
Firefighters from Stranton received reports of the incident at around 4.30pm.