Firefighters put out dryer fire

editorial image
0
Have your say

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a tumble dryer on fire in a back yard which spread to a house.

Two crews from Stranton Fire Station dashed to the mid-terraced house in Wharton Terrace, Hartlepool, at around midday on Sunday.

The dryer, which was in the back yard, had caught fire after an electrical fault and the flames spread causing minor damage to the outside of the house.

Firefighters had to force entry to the house as the owner was out at the time.

The fire also spread to some wheelie bins in the yard and caused some smoke damage inside.

Crews spent around 40 minutes at the scene.