Firefighters tackle Hartlepool house blaze

Stirling Street, Hartlepool. Pic: Google.
Stirling Street, Hartlepool. Pic: Google.

Firefighters have tackled a kitchen blaze in Hartlepool house.

Two appliances from Stanton Fire Station were called to Stirling Street in Belle Vue at shortly after 1pm on Friday.

There were five square metres of fire damage and 100% smoke damage to the kitchen.

The living room was 20% heat and smoke damaged and there was minor smoke damage to the upstairs of the house.