Patients are being asked to complete a short questionnaire about hand hygiene.
The survey for people recently been cared for at the North Tees and Hartlepool NHS Foundation Trust - can be completed online.
Infection prevention and control nurse Emma Davies said: “It’s really important that we receive feedback from our patients. We take infection prevention and control very seriously to make sure we are giving our patients the best possible care in the best possible environment.
“We are working hard to protect patients from infection, but we also want to use this as an opportunity to remind people that there are ways they can help us too.
“Tackling the spread of infection is a team effort and we’d like our visitors and patients to be part of that team.”
Patients can help by:
• cleaning their hands before eating and after going to the toilet.
• keeping their bed tables, lockers and other surfaces free of clutter so they can be cleaned easily.
Visitors can help by:
• cleaning their hands at the ward entrance hand wash sink or hand gel dispenser.
• cleaning their hands when asked by ward staff.
• limiting the number of visitors to two at the bedside.
• not coming to visit if they are ill themselves.
The survey can be completed at www.nth.nhs.uk/patients-visitors/infection-prevention/patient-hand-hygiene-survey/