IT’S FREE, IT’S EASY AND IT’S HERE TODAY.
We are launching the Hartlepool Mail Buy Local Privilege Card which brings you scores of amazing offers from local businesses.
It’s the key to great offers and discounts which will help you in the current economic climate.
A partnership of the Hartlepool Mail, Hartlepool Borough Council and the Buy Local campaign it will help you make your money go further.
There’s an abundance of great offers and special discounts available from a number of local businesses, which are exclusive to Privilege Card holders.
Using the card is easy and shoppers and traders alike reap the benefits.
All you have to do is simply show your personal Privilege Card when paying for an item or service and receive the advertised discount.
Tell your friends and family they can also benefit from the Hartlepool Mail and Buy Local Privilege Card – meaning everyone will save, save, save.
Privilege Card holders will have access to super savings on a variety of items and services all year round.
As the seasons change so will the special offers. Updated offers will be advertised regularly on the Hartlepool Mail website.
Hartlepool Mail advertising director Chris Grieveson said: “The idea behind the Privilege Card is to offer local businesses something extra by helping them attract more customers during the current climate.
“We want our readers to support local businesses as much as possible and this is the reason why we have joined forces with the Buy Local initiative that already exists in the town.”
“Many of our readers may remember the Mail’s Gold Card which was a great success.
“It entitled the card bearer to a discount or offer that the participating business was happy to provide.
“The Hartlepool Mail and Buy Local Privilege Card is based on the same principle with the response and uptake from the business community for the launch being fantastic.
“I would like to encourage our readers to apply for a card and use it at the participating businesses as often as possible.”
Coun Peter Jackson, the council’s cabinet member for regeneration, economic development and skills, said: “As a town, Hartlepool has a long-stranding tradition of supporting local campaigns and the Privilege Card is a great way that people can support local businesses while benefiting from some excellent offers.
“In the current economic climate it is so important to come up with innovative ways to encourage and stimulate business for local firms and the council is fully behind the Mail’s scheme as part of the overall Buy Local Initiative.”
Antony Steinberg, the council’s economic development manager, said: “The Buy Local campaign has been very successful and the launch of the Mail’s Privilege Card will help considerably to boost business for local firms.
“Already many local businesses have signed up to the scheme and I would urge those that haven’t to consider joining too. It is vital to keep business in the town where we can and extra incentives offered through this scheme can only help achieve this.
“The benefit for those using the Privilege Card is there are genuine savings to be made so their money stretches a little bit further which has got to be good news too.”
There will be a whole host of exciting and money-saving offers coming your way over the coming months.
The following are just some examples of what your Privilege Card can get you:
• Book any beauty treatment and receive a free wash, conditioning treatment and blow dry at The Luminary Salons, Hartlepool College of Further Education.
• MSP Legal Services offering 20 per cent off all services including wills, wealth management and probate, dispute resolution, elderly client advice, personal injury and clinical negligence, business advice, including small business support unit, property, commercial and residential.
• Cleveland College Of Art and Design Folio Shop is offering free blank greeting cards by Teesside-based artist Alan Morley for all purchases over £10. Alan’s work popularises landmarks of his home patch by employing the style of a famous artist’s painting in his approach.
• Jessica M is offering 30 per cent discount off all ladies salon services (excludes hair extensions).
• Harbour of Refuge is offering a free bottle of wine with every table booking of four people (Mon-Sat only).
The above are just some of the offers available and a full list of participating retailers and organisations is available online.
To see more offers click Hartlepool Mail Offers