Jail threat after attack

A WEDDING photographer has been banned from going near his wife’s former partner or face jail after a row broke out.

Clayton Bennett, 50, hit the spotlight for allegedly ruining the big day of many couples with poor coverage of their celebrations.

He has now received an indefinite restraining order, which aims to stop him approaching or contacting his wife’s former partner Mark Fry, when he was sentenced for the attack.

Mr Fry had been married to Rose-Ellen Forster for nine months when she struck up a relationship with Bennett, who had covered the couple’s wedding ceremony.

At a hearing at Peterlee Magistrates’ Court earlier this week, Bennett pleaded guilty on the day of his trial to threatening behaviour, which happened in Peterlee town centre on December 5.

District Judge Leo Pyle was told the disturbance happened as Bennett and his wife, who now have a six-week-old baby, came across Mr Fry, his new partner Amanda Carr and her four-year-old daughter.

Bennett pushed Mr Fry up against a shop front and repeatedly egged on Mr Fry to hit him, with Ms Carr twice stepping in to defuse the situation.

District Judge Pyle said: “If you see him in the street, you cross the road, simple.

“Don’t have any contact or communicate with him, if you do you will put yourself at risk of being prosecuted for a separate offence.”

The court heard Bennett is unemployed and is being supported by his wife, who is a publican.

He was previously warned about his behaviour towards Mr Fry before the December confrontation.

Bennett, of Cedar Terrace, Fence Houses near Chester-le-Street, was sentenced to a 12-month community order, 80 hours of unpaid work and told to pay £250 towards court costs.