Kitchen safety success

0
Have your say

A SAFETY campaign to highlight dangers in the kitchen has been hailed a success.

Cleveland Fire Brigade launched a campaign last week at venues including Hartlepool College of Further Education after figures revealed there were 614 accidental house fires in the Cleveland area, with 333 starting in the kitchen.

There were six people in the area who died as a result of kitchen-related fires in the home and a further 128 were injured.

Les Jones, head of community safety with Cleveland Fire Brigade, said: “We are very pleased with the way the week-long campaign went. It gave us an opportunity to reach out to many people across the Cleveland area and I am sure they will take our safety messages on board.”

The brigade’s key kitchen safety messages include not leaving pans unattended, keeping grill pans clean, stop using traditional chip pans and do not drink while frying.