Appeal in crash death probe
POLICE investigating the death of a woman in a road smash are appealing for two motorists to come forward.
They have issued the appeal after Hartlepool woman Sally Holbrook, 48, died in a collision on the A689 in Hartlepool on December 23.
Police say at around 5.25pm the cars, possibly an old style Vauxhall Corsa and black Ford Fiesta, were turning right from the central reservation on the A689 near to Claxton onto the westbound carriageway heading out of Hartlepool.
At the same time the Vauxhall Agila, driven by Pools fan Mrs Holbrook, was waiting to turn right onto Dalton Back Lane.
Officers would like to speak to the drivers of these vehicles as they may have witnessed the collision or have information that may help the investigation.
They are asked to contact PC Sarah Tribick, from the Cleveland and Durham Specialist Operations Unit, on the non-emergency number 101, quoting reference 228873.
- David Moyes to fight to keep Wayne Rooney, Gareth Bale to sign Spurs contract and Andy Carroll to leave West Ham
- Three more possible Hartlepool gypsy sites added
- Family tribute to son killed in A689 crash
- Arson victims lucky to be alive
- Liverpool and Sunderland fight for Tottenham’s Danny Rose and Man City’s Tevez is wanted by Juventus
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Hartlepool
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 8 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 4 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: North west