DCSIMG

Ash blamed for garage fire

editorial image

editorial image

DISCARDED ash is being blamed for starting a fire in a garage.

Two fire engines were sent to Northfield Road, in the Wolviston Court area of Billingham, to a small fire in a garage attached to the house.

Stuart Simpson, watch manager at Stockton Fire Station, which sent two appliances to the incident, around 6.10pm on Wednesday, said: “Firefighters had to break entry to the garage as the occupant didn’t have a key and there was a concern that it may spread to the house.

“We sent four firefighters wearing breathing apparatus inside.

“Discarded ash was the cause.”

There was slight smoke damage to the garage and firefighters spent half an hour at the scene.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page