Driver bailed after pedestrian dies
A DRIVER arrested after a pedestrian died in a serious road crash has been released on police bail.
The 58-year-old man was held by police on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving after the incident in Grange Road, Hartlepool, yesterday.
The pedestrian, who has not yet been identified, died after he was struck by a blue Jaguar despite efforts by medics to save his life.
A spokesman for Cleveland Police said the man has been bailed pending further inquiries.
- Banned teenager invited back to Middleton Grange after outcry
- Hospital chief should ‘hand back MBE’ if more services are moved
- Controversial plans to move hospital wards from Hartlepool to Stockton
- Hartlepool death crash driver may have been making u-turn
- Ritchie Humphreys set for Hartlepool United exit but Sam Collins and Andy Monkhouse stay
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Hartlepool
Saturday 18 May 2013
Temperature: 7 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 8 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North east