Drivers warned to take extra care
AFTER temperatures plummeted to as low as -6C overnight, drivers are being urged to take extra care this morning.
While most of the main routes in and around Hartlepool have been well gritted, motorists are advised to take care on the minor roads.
Both Cleveland and Durham police have issued warnings to drivers to give themselves more time than usual to complete their journeys, and also reiterated advice not to leave vehicles unattended while defrosting them.
Light snow showers are forecast along the North East coast today, and temperatures will struggle to get above freezing throughout the day.
At 7.30am, there have been no reports of any accidents on any of the main routes in or out of Hartlepool.
Stay logged onto www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk for regular weather and travel updates throughout the day.
- Controversial plans to move hospital wards from Hartlepool to Stockton
- Hospital chief should ‘hand back MBE’ if more services are moved
- £500,000 drug addiction cost Hartlepool businessman ‘everything’
- Hartlepool death crash driver may have been making u-turn
- Ritchie Humphreys set for Hartlepool United exit but Sam Collins and Andy Monkhouse stay
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Hartlepool
Sunday 19 May 2013
Temperature: 9 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 9 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North