FIREFIGHTERS were called to remove an unsafe chimney stack at a Hartlepool pub.
The chimney, on top of The Globe pub, in Northgate, on the Headland, had become unstable due to the strong winds yesterday.
Cleveland Fire Brigade were called about the structure and sent a fire engine from the Headland Station and an engine, with a hydraulic platform, from Stranton Fire Station, at around 11.42am.
Crews used the hydraulic platform to get to the top of the building and removed the chimney pot.
They then checked that roof area was safe and left at about 1.08pm.
A brigade spokeswoman said “We were called to The Globe to reports of an unsafe chimney pot.
“We removed the chimney and assessed the building for safety.”