DCSIMG

Firefighters to the rescue for trapped Hartlepool puppy

editorial image

editorial image

FIREFIGHTERS were sent to rescue a puppy which became trapped in a manhole cover.

A crew from Stranton Fire Station was sent to a back yard in Furness Street, in Hartlepool, after a three-month-old whippet puppy got its back leg trapped in a one-inch wide hole in the cover.

It had been trapped for about 20 minutes before its frantic owner rang the fire brigade.

Crew members swiftly managed to free the puppy’s leg during the incident, which happened around 3pm on Sunday.

 
 
 

Back to the top of the page

 

X scottish independence image

Keep up-to-date with all the latest Referendum news