Georgia in bid for title
ULTRA-TALENTED Georgia Lennon is already making her mark on the entertainment scene at just 13 years old.
And she’s proof that talent will always overcome setbacks.
This Hartlepool youngster was offered a scholarship at the prestigious Tring Park School for the Performing Arts in Hertfordshire but was unable to take up the offer because her family could not secure funding for the rest of the fees.
But undaunted Georgia refused to be downhearted. Mum Nicola said: “It made her more determined to succeed.”
And now she boasts a list of successes which includes;
● Singing the solo at the Sage’s Christmas production of the Snowman;
● Appearing in the UK tour of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat in Darlington, Billingham and York;
● Winning the crown of Most Promising Musician at the Hartlepool Music and Arts festival in 2011 and 2012.
And now she’s a contender in the Pride of Hartlepool Awards.
Mum Nicola said: “Georgia is a fine example of a young person from Hartlepool with a love and a gift of performing who is determined to follow her dream despite having to turn down a place at such a fantastic performing arts school.
“She is working hard at all of the opportunities open to her and is finding lots of success in all that she does.”
Her achievements include much more than those listed above. The Seaton Carew youngster, who attends English Martyrs School and Sixth Form College, The Northern School of Music in Hartlepool, and the Elwick Dance Academy, has also passed a list of music exams with distinction.
And it’s not just in performing arts that she excels. She has represented her school on debating teams, in a maths challenge and at an anti-bullying workshop.
Now she’s hoping for success in the Pride of Hartlepool competition.
This year there are 10 categories in which you can nominate the unsung heroes in the town.
Whether you know a fantastic fundraiser or a community stalwart, we want to hear all about those who deserve praise and have done something special.
Simply fill in the form on this page and send it to us or you can enter online or on tablet by following the links.
Details of how to get them to us are on the nomination form. The deadline for entries is February 27.
Anyone wanting further information about the Pride of Hartlepool Awards should contact the Mail’s deputy editor, Gavin Foster, on (01429) 239372 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Banned teenager invited back to Middleton Grange after outcry
- Hospital chief should ‘hand back MBE’ if more services are moved
- Controversial plans to move hospital wards from Hartlepool to Stockton
- Hartlepool death crash driver may have been making u-turn
- Ritchie Humphreys set for Hartlepool United exit but Sam Collins and Andy Monkhouse stay
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Hartlepool
Saturday 18 May 2013
Temperature: 7 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 9 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North east