DCSIMG

Hot ashes from a wood burner started fire that damaged windows of a house in Hartlepool

Fire

Fire

ASHES from a garden wood burner set fire to a wheelie bin which went on to cause damage to the back of a house.

Two engines from Stranton Fire Station were called to the blaze at a property in Arncliffe Gardens, Hartlepool.

A woman from the house had tipped some ashes from a garden wood burner onto some soil next to a wheelie bin, thinking they were cooled.

But fire crews say the cinders must have still been hot because a fire started which spread to a wheelie bin.

The heat from the blaze then damaged a fence, guttering, and cracked four windows at the back of the house, including some patio doors.

Crews extinguished the flames in about 10 minutes, at 8.45am on Saturday.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page