DCSIMG

Hot sun may have played a part in Wingate van fire

Close-up of fire and flames on a black background (Huge file)

Close-up of fire and flames on a black background (Huge file)

THE sun’s rays may have been the cause of a fire which broke out in a van.

A crew from Peterlee Fire Station was called to Wingate Industrial Estate, in Wingate, where a Citroen Berlingo was alight, around 2pm on Monday.

Firefighters spent half an hour at the scene and the vehicle’s leather seats were damaged by the flames.

A station spokesman said: “It is being treated as an accidental fire.

“It may well have been something to do with the radiating heat from the sun.”

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page