DCSIMG

Man rescued from flat fire in Hartlepool

editorial image

editorial image

FIREFIGHTERS rescued a man from a blaze in a flat in Hartlepool.

Three engines from Stranton Fire station went to the incident at Southgate, on the Headland in Hartlepool.

The flames are believed to have ignited in the kitchen but were out on arrival of the fire crews.

A man inside though had to be helped from the flat by firefighters because he was suffering from smoke inhallation.

He was taken to the University Hospital of North Tees, in Stockton, by ambulance.

A spokeswoman for Cleveland Fire Brigade said: “Three appliances, two from Stranton and one from the Headland went to the incident at 3.27am on Friday, August 8, where the fire was out on arrival.

“One male casualty was rescued and taken to hospital by ambulance suffering smoke inhallation.

“Fire crews administered first aid until the arrival of the ambulance.”

The blaze left the flat with light smoke damage.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page