Mum who helped hundreds of Hartlepool families died after choking on sandwich

Val Lake

Val Lake

5
Have your say

A WOMAN who helped hundreds of town families to cope with the loss of their babies has died after a freak accident at home.

Val Lake tragically choked on a sandwich at her Hartlepool home and despite being rushed into hospital she never recovered.

In a touching tribute to her mum, Val’s daughter, Joanne Morton-Lake, said: “She used to call all those babies her angels.

 

Back to the top of the page