DCSIMG

Oven damaged in Hartlepool fire

editorial image

editorial image

A FAMILY of three fled their home after their oven caught fire.

Two crews from Stranton Fire Station were called to a house in Mapleton Road, in the Dyke House area of Hartlepool, at 8pm on Sunday.

A station spokesman said food had been put in the oven, but the grill had also been accidentally switched on.

He added that a smoke alarm activated and the man, woman and child managed to get out of the house after the fire broke out.

But the spokesman said the fire was out on arrival and firefighters used a fan to clear the smoke, though the oven was damaged beyond repair.

Firefighters spent 20 minutes at the house.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page