Severe weather warning for Hartlepool and East Durham
MORE snow and ice is set to hit Hartlepool and East Durham as the Met Office issue yet another weather warning.
Freezing temperatures, snow flurries and howling winds have struck the region - and more of the same is on the way.
Temperatures will again struggle to get above freezing today, Saturday, and brisk winds of more than 30mph will make it feel even chillier.
Hartlepool United’s game with Colchester United has already fallen victim to the weather and police and motoring groups are urging people to not take unnecessary journeys and to drive with care.
A statement from the Met Office, who have issued an amber warning for the area, said: “This weather could increase the health risks to vulnerable patients and disrupt the delivery of services.
“Further snow showers are expected on Saturday, particularly along east coast areas, retaining the risk of ice.
“Lighter snow showers on Sunday. Strong winds at times across the country will make it feel bitterly cold.”
The outlook for next week is for the cold snap to continue, with low temperatures and wintry showers forecast.
• Keep sending us your fantastic wintry pics to firstname.lastname@example.org and visit www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk for updates.
- Banned teenager invited back to Middleton Grange after outcry
- Hospital chief should ‘hand back MBE’ if more services are moved
- Controversial plans to move hospital wards from Hartlepool to Stockton
- Hartlepool death crash driver may have been making u-turn
- Ritchie Humphreys set for Hartlepool United exit but Sam Collins and Andy Monkhouse stay
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Hartlepool
Saturday 18 May 2013
Temperature: 7 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 9 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North east