Snow warning for Hartlepool and East Durham
THE weather outside is frightful – and it is set to get far from delightful over the weekend.
The Met Office has issued a snow warning for Hartlepool and East Durham area after temperatures plummeted to -7C yesterday.
People across town woke up to a thick frost yesterday morning, providing some great winter wonderland picture opportunities.
The forecast for today is light snow with temperatures not rising above freezing all day.
But with the wind chill factor taken into account, forecasters say it will feel like -5C.
Tomorrow, more light snow and sleet is on the cards, but it will be slightly warmer at 2C.
Things are expected stay chilly on Sunday, but no further snow is forecast.
Meanwhile, train operator East Coast is advising passengers to check before they travel today and over the weekend.
Customers are advised to travel before 6pm today where possible – as a band of heavy snow is expected to sweep cross the country tomorrow afternoon and night.
Passengers are also urged to check before setting out on the website www.eastcoast.co.uk, by following @eastcoastuk on Twitter or by calling National Rail Enquiries on 08457 484950.
A pitch inspection was due to take place this morning at Victoria Park to decide if Hartlepool United’s game against Colchester United on Saturday will go ahead.
• Keep logging on to our website for pitch inspection and weather updates.
- Banned teenager invited back to Middleton Grange after outcry
- Hospital chief should ‘hand back MBE’ if more services are moved
- Controversial plans to move hospital wards from Hartlepool to Stockton
- Hartlepool death crash driver may have been making u-turn
- Ritchie Humphreys set for Hartlepool United exit but Sam Collins and Andy Monkhouse stay
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Hartlepool
Saturday 18 May 2013
Temperature: 7 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 9 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North east