Time again for walkies
CANINE lovers are being urged to go walkies for charity once again in 2013.
A sponsored dog walk proved so successful last year that it will be held again on September 1 this year.
The exact time and location has yet to be determined for the event which is being held to raise money for the Guide Dogs organisation.
Last year’s event was organised by the Hartlepool and Seaton Carew branch of Guide Dogs for the Blind on the Seaton promenade.
As well as a host of entertainment, there was a one-mile sponsored dog walk in aid of the charity, with more than 100 dogs and their owners estimated to have taken part.
The event was so big, it also attracted 30 vintage cars, fairground rides, face-painting, an Army display, paintballing, and a visit from Cleveland Fire Brigade and Cleveland Police.
Now the event is back again and organisers at Guide Dogs said it is because of “popular demand”.
They are promising that all doggy participants will receive a free goody bag along with their certificate and Go Walkies dog tag.
Anyone wanting to register should visit www.guidedogs.org.uk/go-walkies
- David Moyes to fight to keep Wayne Rooney, Gareth Bale to sign Spurs contract and Andy Carroll to leave West Ham
- Three more possible Hartlepool gypsy sites added
- Family tribute to son killed in A689 crash
- Arson victims lucky to be alive
- Liverpool and Sunderland fight for Tottenham’s Danny Rose and Man City’s Tevez is wanted by Juventus
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Hartlepool
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 8 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 4 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: North west