Walking the Nordic way
PEOPLE aged 50 and over can get fit the Nordic way.
Age UK Teesside has launched Nordic walking classes with sessions planned both this month and next.
All walks start at 10.30am and can take up to four hours. Anyone who comes along is urged to bring a packed lunch.
They are also advised to arrive 15 minutes before the walk for registration.
The full itinerary of walks is:
l Seaton Carew on Thursday;
l Tees Nature Reserve on February 28;
l The Castle Eden/Thorpe Thewles Station on March 7;
l Seaton Carew on March 14;
l Summerhill on March 21;
l And Tees Nature Reserve on March 28.
Fully qualified tutors will lead the way on the walks and poles are provided. Organisers say beginners are always welcome and the cost is £15 for six weeks or £3 per session.
For more details and to book a place, contact (01642) 803324 or (01642) 805500.
- Hospital chief should ‘hand back MBE’ if more services are moved
- Controversial plans to move hospital wards from Hartlepool to Stockton
- Banned teenager invited back to Middleton Grange after outcry
- £500,000 drug addiction cost Hartlepool businessman ‘everything’
- Hartlepool death crash driver may have been making u-turn
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Hartlepool
Sunday 19 May 2013
Temperature: 9 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 9 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North