Pensioner injured in grill fire

0
Have your say

A PENSIONER was rushed to hospital believed to be suffering from smoke inhalation following a fire at his home.

The 75-year-old was taken to the University Hospital of Hartlepool as a precaution after a grill pan caught fire at his house around 12.30pm yesterday.

Two fire engines from Peterlee Fire Station spent half an hour tackling the incident, in Laing Square, in Wingate.

Fire chiefs said the man’s smoke alarms activated and he was already out of the property when they arrived.

Fire damage was caused to the man’s cooker and worktop.