word only lead for day three or four of the sports awards.
IT’S up and running and already attracting interest - but the only way our sports awards can succeed is with your help.
The Hartlepool Mail’s search for the best in competition has been launched and we’re hoping to unearth some fantastic talent in town.
This year’s awards is open to anyone at the top of their game, whether it is on the international stage or locally.
We want to honour people from well-established names to those who rarely get the recognition they deserve.
But we can not do that unless you come forward with your favourites.
Perhaps it is a behind-the-scenes coach or someone who has given a lifetime of commitment to a sporting organisation in Hartlepool.
It might be someone who has overcome tremendous odds to be a success, or a relative newcomer who has shot to success within months of starting out in competition.
It could be a name we have all heard of or someone who has never once made the headlines.
Every one of them could be worthy of an honour.
This year’s sports awards is searching for the very best in fields from team of the year to the lifetime achievement award. The full list is below.
There’s plenty of time to put forward your favourites before we announce the deadline for entrues.
Then it’s over to the judges to draw up a shortlist before the glittering ﬁnale in early October.
There’s a long way to do before we get to that stage - and that means there’s plenty of time for you to come forward with your favourities.
Put yourself, or another deserving cause, in the running for honours.
Fill in the application form in today’s paper or HERE
• Team of the Year.
• Sportsperson Special Achievement Award.
• Disabled Sports Person Award.
• Disabled Team of the Year.
• Sports Official / Referee Award.
• Coach of the Year Award.
• Unsung Hero Award or Volunteer/Young Leader Award.
• Club of the Year Award.
• Lifetime Achievement Award sponsored by the Hartlepool Mail
• Sports Personality of the Year Award.
• Young Sports Personality of the Year Award.
• Inspire Award (recognising a man, woman or team who has inspired others to participate in sport and physical activity because of their contribution.)
• Contribution to Disability Sports.