PEOPLE are being urged to get their nominations in quickly in the search to find Hartlepool’s sporting heroes.
Hartlepool Sports Council is seeking nominations for its 2012 Sports Awards.
The winners will be announced at a ceremony on May 29 and the deadline for entries to be received is April 23. There are seven awards categories:
● Services to Sport (any age).
● Coach of the Year (any age).
● Primary School Sports Person(s) of the Year – Rising Star(s), under 11 years.
● Secondary School Sports Person of the Year – Rising Star(s), under 16 years .
● Hartlepool Sports Personality (aged 16+) .
● Outstanding Team of the Year.
● Outstanding Club of the Year.
The awards will be presented at Seaton Carew Sports and Social Club in Station Lane, Seaton Carew, on Tuesday, May 29, at 7.30pm.
Previous winners of the Hartlepool Sports Personality of the Year award include Olympic swimmer Jemma Lowe, table tennis player Darren McVitie, boxers Amanda Coulson and Michael Hunter and footballer Andrew Taylor.
Nomination forms are available from the Hartlepool Borough Council website at www.hartlepool.gov.uk or through Maxine Crutwell at the authority’s sport and recreation service on (01429) 523411.
Completed forms should be sent to Sport and Recreation, Level 4, Civic Centre, Victoria Road, Hartlepool, TS24 8AY.