Small fire at hospital

0
Have your say

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a small blaze in the generator room at the University Hospital of Hartlepool.

A crew from the Stranton Station attended the scene at around 10.20am yesterday.

Heat from the generator had caused a “small amount of burning” to the roof, at the hospital in Hartlepool’s Holdforth Road.

The blaze caused 10 per cent fire damage to the roof of the generator room.

Lee Ryan, watch manager, said: “Engineers have recently been working on the generator and had to turn it up to full output to test it.

“The hospital has just had its roof relined and the heat from the chimney caused a small amount of burning.

“The generator wasn’t damaged at all.”