FIREFIGHTERS were called after a motorist noticed smoke coming out of the passenger side of his car.
A crew from Stranton Fire Station was called to the A179 northbound, near Hart Village, where a Mazda RX8 had pulled over after overheating.
Fire chiefs say the male driver had only recently bought the car.
No fire was found, but firefighters advised the male driver, from the Wingate area, not to drive the car and his wife came to help tow it away.
The incident happened around 1.20pm on Saturday.