Teenage rapist caged

editorial image

A 15-YEAR-OLD boy trawled pornography websites for several months before he subjected a schoolgirl to a horrific sex attack.

The boy and a friend, aged 15, bound and gagged the terrified girl, threatened her with a knife and forced her to perform a sex act on one of them.

During the sickening incident, the victim, who has been left traumatised by the ordeal, was tied to a chair with a washing line and forced into a cupboard.

The twisted youths also put plastic bags over her head that she had to bite through to breathe and tied a scarf around her neck, stuffing one end into her mouth so her screams could not be heard.

They also took her mobile phone so she could not call the police.

She was grabbed by the throat and the bottom half of her clothes were pulled down.

The girl tried to escape through a window when the yobs briefly left the Hartlepool property, but she could not get through.

Prosecuting, Sarah Mallett said: “She wanted to go home and had had enough, but she was not allowed to leave.

“She was crying and was shaking.”

Both boys were arrested and later admitted charges of rape and false imprisonment.

One boy was sentenced to three years youth detention at Teesside Crown Court yesterday.

Judge Simon Bourne-Arton said: “You had for many months, I’m told, spent any days trawling through internet pornography so your interest in sexual matters was heightened and heightened, but it was unfulfilled and you wanted to experiment.”

The girl cried throughout the ordeal and suffered bruising and longer lasting mental scars.

The full extent of the attack only came to light several days later when her family noticed her bruises.

Paul Cleasby, mitigating, said he was someone who followed others and told the police what he had done.

Mr Cleasby said: “Nothing I can say mitigates the seriousness of the offence. It was absolutely abhorrent.”

Judge Bourne-Arton added: “She wanted to go home, but you wouldn’t let her go home, not until your lust was satisfied.

“You knew she wasn’t happy, you knew the last thing she wanted was anything to do with you.

“You may have blighted her young life already. That’s what’s so serious about this offence.

“You may be able to put this behind you when you emerge (from custody), one can only hope she can as well.”

The second boy was sentenced to four years’ youth detention in November last year.