Terrier trapped

0
Have your say

A BULL terrier dog got into a tight spot and had to be cut free by firefighters.

A crew from Peterlee Fire Station went to the rescue of a Staffordshire bull terrier which had its head and shoulders trapped between two poles of a metal fence in a play park in Dene Road, Blackhall.

Firefighters used hydraulic spreaders to help free the dog, which had been trapped for around 10 minutes before the firefighters arrived.

A station spokesman said: “The dog was worried and started to whimper but didn’t snap and was well-behaved during the incident.

“There was three adults in the vicinity at the time but none were the owner.

“A young girl went and got a lead to put on it and I believe she knew the owner.”

The incident happened around 11.30am on Saturday.