Two escape Seaton Carew flat fire

editorial image

TWO people managed to escape a flat after an extractor fan caused a fire in a bathroom.

Firefighters from Stranton Station rushed to a top floor flat in The Cliff, in Seaton Carew, after receiving reports of the blaze at around 6.35am yesterday.

Fortunately the man and the woman who were in the flat at the time of the fire had noticed the blaze, alerted firefighters and got out.

They were treated at the scene for smoke inhalation but didn’t need hospital treatment.

The bathroom was severely smoke damaged and the extractor fan which caused the blaze was completely destroyed.

Two appliances from Stranton attended the call-out.

Andy Hardy, watch manager, said: “There was a lot of smoke and the bathroom was pretty much destroyed.

“Fortunately though the male and the female managed to get out in time and we were alerted immediately.”