Warning after pan boiled dry in pensioner’s home

editorial image
0
Have your say

FIRE chiefs have issued a warning after a pan that had boiled dry activated alarms inside a pensioners home.

Crews from Stranton Fire Station were called to the bungalow in Crieff Walk, in the Owton Manor area of Hartlepool, at 1.45pm yesterday.

The resident, a woman in her 90s, was boiling some dish cloths in the pan but it boiled dry and set off the alarms.

There was no damage to the kitchen area but officers have warned people not to leave pans unattended.

Andy Robinson, watch manager at Stranton Station, said: “I would just urge residents to be careful when cooking food or using the hobs not to leave them unattended.”

Paramedics checked the woman over but she was fine.