A WOMAN has pleaded guilty to harassing the family of missing Hartlepool “toddler” Katrice Lee.
Donna Louise Wright, who sent numerous emails and Facebook postings to Katrice’s mum Sharon and sister Natasha, admitted harassment between August and September 2012.
Wright, who at 33 is the same age Katrice would now be, continually contacted Katrice’s family via Facebook.
She appeared at Newton Aycliffe Magistrates’ Court today via video link from Teesside Crown Court.
Wright, of Hillside Court, Spennymoor, spoke in a quiet voice to confirm her name, address and date of birth.
Wright’s solicitor, Jane Scott, said: “Donna Wright is considered to be a very vulnerable person.
“She has been admitted to hospital on a number of occasions.
“There have been previous court fixtures that Donna Wright has been unable to attend due to ill health.”
Miss Scott added that her client was not strong enough to withstand the media attention at the court and was therefore unable to attend in person.
She said: “Other people may have the mental fortitude to withstand it, but Miss Wright does not.”
District Judge Martin Walker agreed, saying: “I am satisfied that it is right that she continue to appear via video link.”
The case was adjourned for pre-sentence reports and Wright has been bailed to appear before the same court via video link on March 19 at 9.45am.
Her bail conditions include not to contact any member of the Lee family by any means or to look at or post anything on the Facebook page of Katrice Lee.
Katrice went missing on her second birthday during a trip to a German supermarket with her mother in 1981.
Her dad Richard, of the Belle Vue area of Hartlepool, had been stationed in Germany with the British Army when she disappeared.
Despite international appeals she has never been found.
Richard was present at the hearing.
BUY Thursday’s Mail for further updates.