Jordan Richards is an inspiration says Hartlepool United boss John Hughes
JOHN Hughes has not been surprised by Jordan Richards’ emergence as a first-team regular with Hartlepool United.
The 19-year-old has started the last seven matches under the new Pools boss in his preferred position of right-back.
Richards has kept onto his jersey despite the return from suspension of Neil Austin and is in line to start against Bournemouth this evening (kick off 7.45pm).
The teenager had only made three senior starts before winning over Hughes, and the Scot says the defender has impressed him both on and off the pitch.
“It hasn’t surprised me how well Jordan has done,” Hughes said.
“I hope some of the players read this because, as a manager, you can stand back in training and you’re constantly assessing and analysing what they’re doing.
“I’m looking at their enthusiasm and the demands that they put upon themselves.
“That can inspire others – and Jordan does that.”
SEE Tuesday’s Mail for full story
- Hospital chief should ‘hand back MBE’ if more services are moved
- Controversial plans to move hospital wards from Hartlepool to Stockton
- Banned teenager invited back to Middleton Grange after outcry
- £500,000 drug addiction cost Hartlepool businessman ‘everything’
- Hartlepool death crash driver may have been making u-turn
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Hartlepool
Sunday 19 May 2013
Temperature: 9 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 9 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North