DEMBA Ba has reiterated his committment to Newcastle United after a summer of speculation over his future.
Ba came off the bench in last night’s 1-0 friendly defeat to German club Chemnitzer.
The striker has a well-publicised £7million buy-out clause in his contract.
And the 26-year-old was heavily linked with a move to Galatasaray last month.
However, Ba moved to end talk of a move away from St James’s Park after the game, decided by a first-half goal from Anton Fink.
“The fans see me on the pitch - that’s my message to them,” Ba said. “In the papers there’s been a lot of rubbish!
“Like I said I said on Twitter, it’s just rumours.
“People talk, but what I can say is that none of the teams that have been talked about have approached me. I’m still a Newcastle player, and I enjoy putting on a black and white shirt.”
Ba emerged from the tunnel last night with a broad grin on his face, and he has also told his team-mates he is happy at the club.
“Life is brilliant - I always have a smile on my face,” Ba went on.
“That’s how I am. Football is my job, but it’s also a lot of fun for me. If it wasn’t, I wouldn’t do it.”
Pardew’s side are back in action on Monday night when they face Monaco in Landsberg.
SEE Saturday’s Mail for full story