Sunderland derby hero is linked with move home as Newcastle dance to Samba beat

editorial image
0
Have your say

THINGS are hotting up as the January transfer window gets ever closer.

It seems as though there will be plenty of transfer action in the new year, with a number of clubs reportedly ready to splash the cash.

Porto’s Colombia international striker Jackson Martinez, 27, is said to be on the verge of completing a transfer to Chelsea. His agent has reportedly travelled to London to discuss the terms of a deal that will cost the Blues around £33m – Full story: Metro

Chelsea are also thought to be favourites to sign Croatia midfielder Ivan Rakitic, 25, who prefers the Stamford Bridge club to Manchester United and Liverpool, if he chooses to leave Sevilla instead of signing a new contract – Full story: Daily Express

Tottenham technical director Fabio Baldini was at Tuesday’s Basel-Chelsea match amid reports Spurs are planning a January move for the Swiss club’s £20m-rated Egypt international striker Mohamed Salah, 21 – Full story: Daily Mirror

West Ham and Newcastle are vying to sign former Blackburn and QPR defender Christopher Samba, 29, from Dynamo Moscow, with the Congo international wanting to return to England to be with his family – Full story: Daily Express

Arsenal are interested in Basel right-back Fabian Schar, 21, who was an intern with a Swiss bank a couple of years ago – Full story: Metro

Manchester United are monitoring Porto’s Brazilian international left-back Alex Sandro, 22, as they continue their search for a replacement for Patrice Evra, who is expected to leave Old Trafford at the end of the season – Full story: Daily Express

Another defender being assessed by the current Premier League champions is Sevilla left-back Alberto Moreno, 21, who is also being courted by Real Madrid and Chelsea and has a buy-out clause of £25m – Full story: Daily Mail

Meanwhile, United are in contact with the Brazilian FA over a deal to sign Cruzeiro’s 24-year-old forward Everton Ribeiro, who is is only 60% owned by the club, with the other 40% owned by a third party – Full story: Daily Star

And another David Moyes target, Athletic Bilbao midfielder Ander Herrera, 24, says the Spanish club is “the perfect place” for him – Full story: Talksport

Fulham are confident of keeping 17-year-old French forward Moussa Dembele, despite interest from Manchester United and Liverpool – Full story: GetWestLondon

Liverpool striker Fabio Borini, 22, a derby hero at Sunderland after scoring the winner against Newcastle, could return to Italy in another loan move – Full story: Daily Star

Real Betis winger Alvaro Vadillo, 19, would be interested in joining Arsenal, according to his agent – Full story: International Business Times

Wigan will complete the loan signing of Manchester United striker Will Keane, 20, in the next 24 hours but have been thwarted in their efforts to extend Marc Albrighton’s loan from Aston Villa – Full story: Daily Mail

Liverpool are to renew their interest in Chelsea defender Ryan Bertrand, 24, after left-back Jose Enrique was ruled out with a knee injury until February – Full story: Daily Telegraph