Yohan Cabaye to give Ful commitment to Newcastle United

Newcastle United's Yohan Cabaye celebrates his goal during the Barclays Premier League match at St James' Park, Newcastle. PRESS ASSOCIATION Photo. Picture date: Sunday March 10, 2013. See PA story SOCCER Newcastle. Photo credit should read: Owen Humphreys/PA Wire. RESTRICTIONS: Editorial use only. Maximum 45 images during a match. No video emulation or promotion as 'live'. No use in games, competitions, merchandise, betting or single club/player services. No use with unofficial audio, video, data, fixtures or club/league logos.
Newcastle United's Yohan Cabaye celebrates his goal during the Barclays Premier League match at St James' Park, Newcastle. PRESS ASSOCIATION Photo. Picture date: Sunday March 10, 2013. See PA story SOCCER Newcastle. Photo credit should read: Owen Humphreys/PA Wire. RESTRICTIONS: Editorial use only. Maximum 45 images during a match. No video emulation or promotion as 'live'. No use in games, competitions, merchandise, betting or single club/player services. No use with unofficial audio, video, data, fixtures or club/league logos.
0
Have your say

YOHAN Cabaye has been told to put all thoughts about his future to the back of his mind – and give everything to Newcastle United.

The unsettled midfielder hasn’t featured yet for the Magpies this season.

Cabaye, the subject of an unsuccessful bid from Arsenal, refused to play in Newcastle’s opening three games.

But United manager Alan Pardew has told the 27-year-old that he expects him to be available for tomorrow’s home game against Fulham – despite the uncertainty over his future.

“I have made it clear to Yohan that I expect him to play this weekend,” Pardew told SportMail.

“I want to play him for some part in this game, whether that’s a start or from some point. That’s where we are with that.”

Arsenal – who last week had a £11m bid for Cabaye rejected – had been expected to return with an improved offer, but there has been no further contact from the Gunners.

And Arsene Wenger yesterday resigned defensive midfielder Mathieu Flamini on a free transfer.

If Newcastle are adamant that if their £20million valuation isn’t met by the time the transfer window closes on September 2, Cabaye -– who is also interesting Paris Saint-Germain –- will stay at St James’s Park.

“Like all things, the Cabaye situation won’t close until 11pm on Monday,” said Pardew, who has declined to reveal whether the former Lille player faces club discipline for his unavailability up to now.

“If he is still our footballer, then great. The one thing Newcastle fans love is creative players and he is our most creative player.

“I hope he stays, but it will probably all start again on January 1.

“You can’t get away from the club we are. Unfortunately, when you have great players they will be desirable to other people.

“At the minute he’s our footballer, and he has to understand he has a responsibility to us.”