Newcastle United’s Gabriel Obertan will miss Manchester City game
GABRIEL Obertan is out of tomorrow’s game against Manchester City tomorrow.
But the Newcastle United winger’s confident he’ll be fit for next Saturday’s visit to his former club Manchester United.
Obertan missed the Everton game with a toe infection and manager Alan Pardew had hoped to have him available for the City game with Sylvain Marveaux sidelined with a groin problem.
But Obertan’s still not 100 per cent, and won’t be involved at the Etihad Stadium.
“Hopefully, I’ll be back for Man United,” Obertan told SportMail.
“Coming back so early against Man City wasn’t planned, but we tried to go for it.
“I tried to play, but I don’t feel ready. It gives me four more days to be fit for Man United.”
Read more of Obertan’s comments in today’s Sportmail.
- Controversial plans to move hospital wards from Hartlepool to Stockton
- Hospital chief should ‘hand back MBE’ if more services are moved
- £500,000 drug addiction cost Hartlepool businessman ‘everything’
- Hartlepool death crash driver may have been making u-turn
- Ritchie Humphreys set for Hartlepool United exit but Sam Collins and Andy Monkhouse stay
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Hartlepool
Sunday 19 May 2013
Temperature: 9 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 9 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North