X FACTOR fans will have to wait a few more days to see how Hartlepool singer Michael Rice does in the next stage of the TV competition.
The budding pop star won rave reviews after he got a yes vote from all four judges during the first round of the open auditions when the show visited Newcastle.
The next stage will see Michael perform for the celebrity panel again – but this time in front of 5,000 screaming fans at London’s Wembley Arena.
The 16-year-old had been expected to appear on last weekend’s show but he did not make the final edit.
But he has been told by the show he will definitely be featured this weekend.
Around eight million viewers currently watch the show which is broadcast on Saturday and Sunday.
Michael, of Belle Vue, Hartlepool, said: “I’ve bene told I’m definitely on the show this weekend.”
The former Dyke House Sports and Technology College student, cannot reveal if he is selected for the Boot Camp stage.
But he did say: “I was really nervous in my first audition and just stood on the cross on the floor but for this one I really brought it and moved around the stage a lot more.”
Boot Camp is followed by the nerve racking Six Chair Challenge to choose contestants who will go to the judges’ houses.